2019-2020 Submission Guidelines: Due to the covid-19 pandemic we are suspending applications at this time
- What we fund:
- We fund student projects that engage youth in becoming custodians of the environment.
- Funded projects should enhance the environment and protect the natural world through direct action, including science and technology projects, art and cultural initiatives, public awareness projects, or legislative initiatives.
- Eligibility: student classes must be part of the NM school system.
- A class teacher must sponsor the proposed project.
- We will grant $3000 to fund up to 6 awards (about $500 each) for winning proposals
- Proposals must be postmarked on or before December 1, 2019. Proposals received outside of the submission period will not be considered.
- Winners will be announced on our website January 15, 2019.
- Completed projects will compete for a grand prize of $1,000.
- All entries must be type written and mailed to:
6509 Caballero Pkwy NW
Los Ranchos NM 87107
The proposal should be in 5 sections. Length not to exceed two pages.
- Section 1: School name & address, class, grade level, & number of students participating.
- Section 2: Purpose (goals) of your proposal project (one or two paragraphs). Make sure your project promotes student innovation and participation.
- Section 3: Steps you will take to reach your goals (two to three paragraphs). Ensure that your project connects students to the natural world or enhances their environment.
- Section 4: Criteria for measuring your success: how will you know you made a difference? (one paragraph). Examples are before and after photographs, surveys, attendance at functions, etc.
- Section 5: How much money you will need to finish the project (itemize each expense with approximate cost) (note: we will not pay for personal time).